Mark your calendars: Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 9 — and after an especially hard year, this Mother’s Day is a very good time to shower the maternal figures in your life with some much-deserved love and attention. And whether you see her every day, or she currently resides far away, you can show your gratitude with a gift that tells her how much she means to you. We’ve rounded up some ideas that any mother would love.
- Flowers- any local deliveries
- WiFi Photo frames that allow you to send images directly to their frames such as Pix Star or Nixplay
- A senior friendly tablet, GrandPad, for video chatting without the bells and whistles
- Window decor such as window clings or sun catchers
- Personalized pillow, blanket, canvas, etc from places like Shutterfly, Walmart Photo, Walgreens
- A package of all of Mom’s favorite snacks or a monthly snack subscription
- Nostalgia package or a Grandbox
- Aromatherapy Neck & Shoulder Wrap
- Window planter or fake plants
Mother’s Day can be an emotionally fraught time of year, but it doesn’t have to be. Your relationship with your mom may be complicated, and you may be facing a “new normal” if your mother is aging or experiencing some new medical concerns. If you focus on sharing an activity or experience with your mom, you will be surprised at how quickly your time passes together. No matter how you choose to spend your time together, you will both end the day with memories to last a lifetime.